myonic has set itself the goal to be climate neutral by the year 2030. As a member of the alliance “Climate Neutral Allgäu 2030”, we are obliged to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions by approx. 11% annually in order to achieve climate neutrality. For this purpose we take numerous measures to reduce avoidable emissions. CO2 emissions that cannot be avoided are compensated by the purchase of green certificates according to the gold standard, which support climate protection projects.
myonic decided to support the “Clean Water in Zimbabwe” project in the last fiscal year. By this project, well boreholes are built, managed and maintained; training is provided and water quality is tested. This gives the population access to clean drinking water, eliminating the need to boil water with firewood, thus saving CO2 and preventing diseases through germ-free water.
In addition, 40% of the compensation payment goes to environmental protection projects in the region, with the aim of raising awareness of biodiversity, species diversity, environmental and climate protection, and appreciation for regional food. These include, for example:
– Pfrontener Bienenstadel – educational apiary and beekeeping workshop (Pfronten Beekeepers’ Association)
– E-Foodsharing (Foodsharing Kempten e.V.)
– Flowering meadow for more insect protection and biodiversity (Fachoberschule Sonthofen)
– Bike rental pool & mountain bike upcycling project (youth education center Bad Hindelang)
– Small hydroelectric power plant (Friends of Nature House Sonthofen)
– Climate cookbook (Hildegardis Gymnasium)
Further information on joining the “Climate Neutral Allgäu 2030 Alliance”: Click here